Ireland

Ireland

Friday, March 4, 2011

I should just let it go

I recently finished George W Bush's book.
Why do I feel like I need a shower?

I wanted to read this book because I wanted to hear his explainations on a few events that occurred during his time as the big cheese of the United States.

I didn't learn very much.

I was particularly curious about his reaction to 9/11. We've all seen the footage of George sitting in the 2nd grade classroom on that fateful day, when Andy Card slid up next to him and told him "a 2nd plane has hit the 2nd tower, America is under attack."
He looked stunned. That's not surprising to me. We were all stunned.
I did wonder why he continued to sit there until the lesson was over, before turning his thoughts to the fact that some crazed lunatics just flew 2 planes loaded with human beings into the World Trade Center.

I was hoping to hear, and would have given him more props, if he said in his book, something like this, concerning that event. "I was stunned. I couldn't believe it. I was thinking, holy crap, what is happening? I'm the President, I have to get out of here."

He explains his thought process like this in his book. About the devastating news he just heard, he writes.
" I looked at the faces of the children in front of me and thought of the contrast between the brutality of the attackers and the innocence of those children. Millions like them will soon be counting on me to protect them. I was determined to not let them down."

He's a much cooler customer than I am.
I'm not the President and my first thought was
HOLY SH*T!!

His explanation on why he just sat there for the rest of the lesson while our country was being attacked, he explains,
".....the nation would be in shock, the President can't be. If I had stormed out hastily it would scare those children."

Are you kidding me?

Ahemm....George?
Your the President of the U.S. and we're under attack!
STORM OUT OF THE F#%*ING ROOM.

Don't worry about the reaction of the 2nd graders.
They believe in Santa Clause and the Easter bunny.
Tell them you have to go potty. They'll handle it.

If I wanted to read a fiction, I would have bought a Harry Potter book.

12 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

Laughing! When I saw your comment about needing a shower, I knew this was not a book I wanted to read.

Spreading the Love! said...

Rolling on the floor laughing my a** off, Mark!!!

YES.. HOLY SH*T!!!!! or, OMG what do I F-ing do NOW???... or....

or... something other than that load of bologne. *sigh*

So, this was not the book of revelations, I take it.

Spreading the Love! said...

And thats me, Karen... certainly not Roba. Sorry.

dcpeg said...

I'd call what the Shrub wrote 20/20hindsight B.S.!

He lied while he was in office and he's still doing it. I wouldn't pay a plug nickel for his book. He's luck his editors cleaned it up for him.

Alison said...

It jusy surprises me really that he could write a book.

Alison said...

Just. I guess I'd need a bit of help too! Lol.

Melinda Owens said...

I'm with you. I want to read the book, too, just to make sure I'm being fair. Hear what the man has to say. We're so quick to judge. But I agree with you, a potty break would have sufficed. Sitting with them throughout the presentation while their lives were in danger, not a good call.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Mark, I was thinking the same thing you said about him just sitting there. He could have said," Excuse I have to go check on something VERY Important and left the room. Worried about the kids..duh.. I bet they were all glue to the TV when they got home like the rest of the nation. lol

Bob said...

Mark, just stumbled across your blog via TCN's link to your Train of the Week, and you're comments on the Bush book (I refuse to buy or even read it) are great. I think the blank stare is a result of the "Nobody's Home" syndrome, which explains most of his life.

Anyway, great blog. There's something about people involved with boats, photography, trains, and printing that seems to bring order to what is otherwise chaos. Well done!

Bob said...

Mark, just stumbled across your blog via TCN's link to your Train of the Week, and you're comments on the Bush book (I refuse to buy or even read it) are great. I think the blank stare is a result of the "Nobody's Home" syndrome, which explains most of his life.

Anyway, great blog. There's something about people involved with boats, photography, trains, and printing that seems to bring order to what is otherwise chaos. Well done!

Sandy said...

Where's all the love?

Jerral Miles said...

Stunning analysis of the entire Bush Presidency.