Ireland

Ireland

Thursday, March 27, 2014

This and that

I like to learn something new everyday, if at all possible. Some days I am more successful at that than others.
What I learned today was this. I learned that my blog gets about, say, ummm,  4 billion views when I post photos of a wedding I serendipitously bump into while tied up to a dock in Corpus, compared to say, ummm, the 3 I get when I'm explaining the merits of a pinned tug to a wire boat.
Message received. Note to self. Know your audience.
I need to crash more weddings.

Just for the heck of it, I turned on CNN today. I didn't learn anything new by doing that.
CNN had a virtual fly over of the ocean looking for the downed airliner.
Quickly, I switched to Fox. They were dumping on Obamacare.
Everything is as it should be.

The deckhand today made shrimp tortellini. It was very good.
I had one job. Take the garlic bread out of the oven.
I lost focus. Burned the bread.
Nothing new there.

I received an email today from another chief engineer, a male, who I hadn't seen or talked to for a few years.
It contained a link to a WomansHealth article, concerning weight loss.
I took a good hard look at myself in the mirror before replying.
I can only hope his email was hacked.

For some reason I was thinking of the Sandy Hook killings today.
Which got me to wondering how successful my President was at toughening up our gun laws.
A little research proved this....
Not very.
Hey, I've had Obama's back all this time. I have to put up with all the Obama haters on Facebook, of which there are billions. I firmly believe that Facebook was invented just to raise my blood pressure.
Is there one democrat on Facebook? I think not.
Anyway, the gun laws are still a joke. Not much has changed. A few tweaks here and there, but nothing earth shattering. I need earth shattering Mr. President.
I'm getting tired of the excuse that the republicans won't let him get anything done. Seriously, if he were a better politician, i.e. Bill Clinton,  a guy who knew how to work the system, he would get more things done. I think he's a good person with some ground breaking ideas, he just couldn't work the system.
Hilary will do much better.

Oh man, with President Hilary in the oval office, Facebook's going to BLOW UP.

7 comments:

nacherluver said...

Missed the wedding crash. Loved todays post (perhaps because I love random). Come around when I can. I enjoy your page.
:)

Heading off to seek wedding pics...

Anonymous said...

I can't WAIT for Hilary to serve as President and whip some sense into all the lame politicians who do nothing for us.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I can't even watch the news anymore it's too much...Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jerral Miles said...

We need Hillary, but I hate to think what eight years in that job will do to her… It's time for us to finally have a woman president, and she's definitely the right one for the job. The world needs her.

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I used to watch CNN every morning, but that was long ago. I no longer watch the news, just catch what I want online. Fortunately most of the Obama haters on my friends list have long since unfriended me. Or I have left them. Either way, it keeps my blood pressure at a normal level.

Erin Finukie said...

Re: the fight against illegal guns, this is the group I've found that's trying to do the most. http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/home/

Busy Bee Suz said...

I feel as though 1/2 my FB friends are left and 1/2 are right. (I'm not going to calculate which of them are insane. HA)
ISn't it funny how people find your blog??? I thought the tug lesson was interesting!