Ireland

Ireland

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Changes

My first thought after checking in here at this old blog after a month or so is....I need to change my cover photo.
That photo is almost 2 years old.
My wife looks 2 years younger now and I look 4 years older. It's all about keeping it real, you know?

The boat I work on has been in the shipyard for the past 60 days or so. I hate shipyards. Being in a shipyard is like being on an episode of "Fixer Upper" on steroids. They just trash the boat.

The workers in the yard have a job to do and they focus on it with laser like precision, not taking into account that this boat is MY home for 1/2 of my life. Oh well.

Our boat is getting some much needed upgrades, the details of which I will not share only because it would be a very boring read. But I will say it does entail a pretty extensive "renovation," as they would say on Property Brothers. I like to think of it as an "exploratory operation."


That big hole in the side was not there when we arrived. The overhead light is a light in one of our staterooms.


This space used to be our galley area before angry welders and burners had their way with it.


The engine room was not spared either. Here they're cutting a hole in the engine room overhead so they can remove large equipment at their leisure. 


Those big lumps that stick out on the side of the boat was the main purpose for our visit to the yard. They will provide us with a way to be semi-permentently attached to the barge that we haul around. She sits here with a new paint job, which hides the mess inside. Can you say Curbside Appeal?


No comments: