Ireland

Ireland

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spying game

Upon opening my internet browser today, I was greeted with the headline, “Vast Spy System Loots Computers in 103 Countries.”

Are you kidding me? Is there no good news in the world anymore? Just once I want to look at a web page and see all good news. I want to see smiling faces and people hugging and dollar bills raining down from the sky. Just for one day.

I want to hear everyone in the world has a job and employers are pleading with employees to go home and have more kids because they need more workers. I want to see signs outside of banks declaring, “We have too many 20 dollar bills, please stop by, and bring a duffel bag!”

It would be nice to see the lead story, “Nursing Homes have reached their capacity, because they’re just so darn nice.”

I want to read that all the Religious conflicts in the world are over, and we all just call our particular God, “The Big Guy.”

I want to go on eBay and see all “starting bids”, for everything, at $1.

Seriously, don’t you just get sick of all the bad news? This “Spy System” story is just unbelievable. Am I in a James Bond movie?
The report states that this malicious Malware, whatever that is, has the ability to steal documents from other computers. What’s more frightening is the fact that this Malware has the ability to turn on the camera and audio recording functions of an infected computer, enabling the “spy” to see and hear what is going on in the room. What?

Why did a picture of my company headquarters just flash before my eyes They wouldn’t do that, would they? No, I’m just being paranoid.

In closing, I’d like to say how much I enjoy working for my employer, what a super dooper place this is to work, and how I think our company is the best in the whole wide world.

You never know.

No comments: