Ireland

Ireland

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The reality is...











Ok, the other day in a previous post I went on and on about how difficult it is being a merchant seaman, living and working with the same guys 24 hours a day for 21 days blab la bla.
I have to be honest, there are some good points. Most of the guys are people who I would choose to hang out with if I was home. I’m working in a climate that most people pay to go to on vacation. The food, well, it helps that we happen to have 2 professionally trained chefs on board. Um, so yeah, the food is quite good most days.
Last night we had two choices for dinner.
1) Turkey Mignon wrapped in bacon with corn and wild rice.
2) Salmon with a chopped pepper sauce, Italian potato balls of some kind, and asparagus drizzled with a pesto olive oil.
See, things aren’t that bad.

No comments: