Ireland

Ireland

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The following sentence contains words
that I have never heard spoken to me before and probably never will again.

"Please post your recipe for the stuffed shells."
WHAT?

Asking me to submit a plan to help our country balance the budget
would not be more surprising than that sentence.

Somebody wants a recipe, of something I actually cooked, well that is beyond belief.

You don't know how funny that is to me.

I'm sure my kids are cracking up.

The only one not cracking up is my wife
because it's her recipe and she knows it's good.
( she's probably laughing a little.)

here ya go.
1 package (12 oz) Ronzoni Jumbo shells
4 cups (32 oz) Ricotta cheese.
8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded.
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 tblsp chopped parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg
one 32 oz jar spaghetti sauce

Gently mix all above in a bowl

cook pasta, rinse with cold water, drain.
cover bottom of roasting pan with sauce.  
perform the mind numbing activity of stuffing those little shells with the cheese mixture.
place shells in pan and pour the remaining sauce over the top of the shells.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes with shells covered.
sprinkle with extra parm when done.

We found we like to add more sauce to the top than what recipe call for.

Enjoy


5 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

too funny....but hey it's going in my recipe file! Thanks for sharing!

bon bon said...

ha!! hey, they look good! you should've expected this!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I'm printing it out~ Many thanks to your wife!... and how did I miss that post?

Joey said...

You are just too funny, Mark!

Joey said...

You are just too funny, Mark!