Ireland

Ireland

Friday, March 7, 2014

Raccoon 1- human 0

I was sitting on the couch last night
when I glanced out the french doors to our deck
and noticed our raccoon friend staring at me.

He had that guilty look on his face.

I then looked at our suet feeders that hang in our tree,
 which are a favorite target of our furry friend,
and saw that the feeders were still full of suet.

The raccoon then exited stage right off the deck.
He was obviously biding his time,
waiting for my wife and I to go to bed
so he could have his way with the hanging suet feeders.

"Look how cute he is"
is a refrain I hear regularly from my wife.

Below are some before and after photos
showing the work of Mr. Raccoon.
Notice this feeder
hanging from a chain, with one link
securing the door to the basket.

Now notice the feeder.
YOU CAN'T.
IT'S NOT THERE ANY MORE!!!!

I had that feeder secured so well to the chain
that I found it a pain in the neck to refill,
AND I HAVE OPPOSABLE THUMBS.

It seems Mr. raccoon was really pissed last night.
Notice the feeder below.
A 2 sided feeder, each side with it's own door
which is secured shut
with metal clips
to keep Mr. raccoon out.

So he just decided to remove
one half of the house completely.

Mr. raccoon.....
so cute?

Not so much.

11 comments:

Wayne said...

Worse than squirrels, way smarter.

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

What a clever guy he is. What's your next plan?

Linda said...

Oh my goodness! Great post, and I love the photos.

beth said...

i'm like your wife…."but he's so cute"….LOL

dcpeg said...

That was one determined raccoon! They have become a bane in D.C. with the new Super Cans for trash. They have no problem getting into them.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow determined! Cute lil guy needs a beebee pellet in it's butt!

Marilyn Miller said...

Raccoon, oh you naughty thing.
They can be so destructive.

We once had one digging holes in our roof. He would climb up the drain pipe, so we put Vaseline jelly on the drain pipe and he couldn't climb it anymore. We won that one, but what a mess out roof was.

Janney said...

...apart from that...you have some amazing animals on your back doorstep...those birds are amazing.

Anonymous said...

I think you need to find a cage Mr. Raccoon will fit into, baited with bird seed and haul his butt to another neighborhood... LOL

Anonymous said...

P.S. I know a blogger in Canada that LOVES raccoons... if you care to pay for air freight that is.

Jerral Miles said...

You've got to admire that little critter's tenacity. Beautiful shots.