Ireland

Ireland

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pinterest sminterist

I'm sitting here in my room on the boat just about as frustrated as one can be, because I can not up load a photo to my blog. Oh, poor me.

I quickly got a grip on my mental state and reminded myself that it wasn't too many years ago that once we docked, I would sprint the length of the warf hoping to find a working pay phone so i could call home. With that came a bunch of other concerns, if I found a working pay phone, would my wife happen to be home when I called? You know what was the worst? The busy signal. For those of you who don't remember the busy signal, it was a repetitive beeping sound that you would hear if the person you were calling happened to be on the phone talking to someone else at the time you happened to call. That beeping sound would cut right to the bone. But after not being able to call home for say a week or so, finally getting to a phone, only to hear that busy signal? Now, that was frustrating.

So I talked myself off the ledge minutes ago, remembering that I talked to my wife 4 different times today, touched base with some friends on FB, and checked my checking account balance, all from my phone.

Ok, that great picture I was going to upload to this space right here will just have to wait.

On another note. Last night I signed up for Pinterest. I don't want to be left behind. I'm in. Me and Pinterest. So now I have a Pinterest page.....it's blank, but I have one.

Question.

What is Pinterest? What do you do with it? Do I "pin" other people's photos or recipes? Why would I do that? Do people pin me?

Two people are already following my Pinterest page. Imagine their disappointment when they realize my page is blank.

I tried to do a little research on Pinterest to get a handle on it, but, have I mentioned, my internet is really really slow?
So the frustration set in......it's just a vicious circle.

11 comments:

beth said...

will get back to you after i stop laughing so hard….

Anonymous said...

I do Pinterest in spurts... do they have boat photos on Pinterest I wonder? I'm going to go see!

Anonymous said...

Yes... they do have tugboat photos on Pinterest... here's a link. Have fun!
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/31103053646702866/

Wayne said...

I have no clue either. Yet another social platform for an unsocial person to deal with. Have you tried instagram yet?

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I'm on pinterest, will look for you.. if I can ever figure out how to do that.

I like it for the inspirational photos on house design, decor, recipes, photography.. think of it as a cork board of things that interest you. I'd tell you more about it, but I don't understand it all yet.

dcpeg said...

BUMMER!

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I have a Pinterest page and I have absolutely no idea why. Really, I can't stand the whole thing. Thanks for bringing it up, now I have to decide whether to keep it or cancel it.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm so glad you talked yourself off the ledge.
I've only used pinterest when I wanted ideas for a project. (i.e.: paint colors for the guest room, party favors for a wedding, etc.) Although….it is really good for recipes too. Don't worry about having stuff on your page; your friends won't care. Well, if they are good friends they won't care. :)

Marilyn Miller said...

Pinterest, I have a love/hate relationship with. I like just looking at the pretty pictures, but I know many of the pictures are there illegally because people take them off blogs without asking. So I avoid it for awhile and then I go back for some mindless looking and an occasional pin.

beth said...

okay….now that i've caught my breath :)
you will LOVE pinterest. you will learn to cook, wrap pretty presents, learn every possible DIY project you could ever imagine, draw, paint, fold sheets correctly, be shown the "in" shoes, hair styles and clothing…..

omg…you are going to be so cool.

okay, i'm totally laughing again…..wait for it…..but wait, YOU ALREADY ARE COOL MARK !!!

so on second thought, pinterest is going to bore you to death…snort :)

Jerral Miles said...

If you ever get a good explanation for Pinterest… the need for it… how it helps , pass it on to the rest of us.